Since we live in the era that instant communications via the Internet is readily available, information is considered as a strategic business asset. Then, blogging and web contents have become a primary source of business ideas for many working professionals. Blogging also allows both business people and educators to reflect and stimulate opinions.
However, there are so many blog contents out there and people may find it difficult to identify information that they can trust. The goal of this article is to,
- introduce readers to blogs/sites that provide high quality and timely information for supply chain community
- showcase great contents from these blogs/sites
- the end result is the rankings of the best supply chain blogs of 2014 or "Supply Chain Power 50"
We try to make the rankings as transparent as possible so the data collection process is presented as below,
- find supply chain blogs and sites through Google Blog Search which results in the list of 1,000 blogs, all blogs are in English language
- each blog is reviewed and the whole list is narrowed down to potential 100 blogs
- the metric used to evaluate each blog is social sharings which are available via Buzzsumo.com.
- from the below example, the name of each site is entered and the content with the highest social shares appears on the first listing
- the name of each blog is entered, the name of the best article together with total social shares are collected, the same process is performed for all potential 100 blogs
- each blog is then ranked by number of social shares, only the results of 50 top performing blogs are presented
- only one blog from the same owner is presented
The results of "Supply Chain Power 50" are ranked in no particular order as below (please refresh the page if the list doesn't display properly).
We value readers' opinions and believe they can help to make the rankings more complete. So we would like you to nominate blogs/sites of your choice for the inclusion. Please drop us a line to bloggeradmin [at] supplychainopz [dot] com with the subject "Blog Nomination" by the end of March 2014. Please also provide a link that you think is the best content of the site you nominate and we will update the list accordingly.
Blogs included in Supply Chain Power 50 are from 3 regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia/Australia but they are mainly from the United States.
The majority of sites are corporate blogs followed by blogs of major industry publications, personal blogs and educational blog (from MIT CTL).
Types of contents are ranging from opinion pieces, news, tips, case studies, graphic contents and guides.
It's also interesting to see that many newly established sites (less than 3 years) are now democratizing supply chain blogging.
To show the appreciation to the contribution of site owners, a badge is available as below. Just copy the embed code and paste to your sites.